1.0.7 Beta

Here’s a new Banished beta for the modding community to test out. It adds 10 mod-usable resource flags and resource limits. It also adds the ability to add these limits to the game windows that use them, such as the status bar, limits, and town hall production/graph. It also has a new memory allocator that doesn’t have a hard limit on system memory used.

If you use these, please let me know how they work out. Thoughts, bugs, crashes, etc. Email support @ shiningrocksoftware . com

Downloads

Without further ado, here’s the beta mod kit:
BanishedKit_1.0.7.170212.Beta.zip

Be sure to check out the documentation. There’s a new section on using the resource limits and a new example mod that enables them all.

Here’s a patch for 1.0.6 to 1.0.7.170212 Beta
BanishedPatch_1.0.6_To_1.0.7.170212.Beta.zip

Note that you need to apply the patch to version 1.0.6. Previous versions of the game won’t work with this patch. Once downloaded, just unzip the archive into the folder where you have Banished installed. This is usually C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software\Banished\.

As always the Beta is up on Steam. If you are using Steam, go into your game library and right click on Banished. Select properties, and then in the windows that opens, select the BETAs tab. Select the drop down and pick Beta Test for 1.0.7.

With either the patched version or steam beta, the base game won’t change (except for a few minor bug fixes), but they’ll let you run mods generated with the new mod kit.

Again, let me know how this build works out.
Enjoy.

February 14, 2017 12:35 am

Wow Luke! I didn’t expect such a fast release. I’m definitely going to test this. You’re amazing!
    You do a lot for the community! 😀

Red Ketchup
    February 14, 2017 12:48 am

Thanks you Luke !!

Gonna test this out 🙂

PS.Something has been asked and ask so much time :
    Would be difficult to allow the game zoom in closer ? (like +25 or +50% closer ?)

Thanks you alot !!

Pieter
    February 14, 2017 6:30 am

Hi

Is this purely for modders, or can we all revert to this Beta, and how will it affect existing games if we can use it?

Red Ketchup
    February 14, 2017 8:40 am

games work fine with mods created with 1.0.6 version. it wont affect your existing games 🙂

Alcator
    February 14, 2017 9:32 am

Hello, this is not related to the update, but rather a question for the game itself:

Currently, once population / number of buildings reaches certain threshold, the game starts seriously lagging. We then have to tune down graphics quality, disable V-sync etc., if we want to keep the 10x speed.
    Is there any way to improve the performance of the game at high population counts? Around year 100, many of us have 500+ population, but to reach 200 years for the Achievement, we’d have to play for another N hours, and that is really difficult with such population size.

JosEPh
    February 15, 2017 11:39 am

Thank you for continuing to update Banished. My son and 2 grandkids also bought Banished from watching me play.

Good wholesome game. We need more like Banished!

JOsEPh

Harrison
    February 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Thank you for continuing to update Banished. I really appreciate your efforts. When will the Mac version be out?

Codemonkey21
    February 17, 2017 8:53 pm

It would also be awesome if you increased the maximum building items limit from 3 to 5. So instead of logs, stone, and iron it could be whatever the modders want up to 5.

Tyrelius
    February 19, 2017 11:04 am

Banished 1.0.6 works great on Mac under Wine 2.0 with DirectX June 2010 installed. This is the GOG version of Banished, though I’m sure the one purchased direct from Shining Rock will work the same. I have not yet attempted getting Steam running in Wine 2.0, so I cannot confirm that yet.

Hospoguy76
    February 27, 2017 5:02 am

Does the patch file also work for the Wine 10.6 Banished on Mac?

Anais
    March 4, 2017 4:52 am

Hi,

I currently have Banished 1.0.6 that I bought on GOG.com.
    I don’t know how to get Banished 1.0.7 since I’m not on Steam I can’t access the beta that way.

I downloaded the BanishedPatch_1.0.6_To_1.0.7.170212.Beta.zip hoping this would solve my problem, added the files into my GOG Games\Banished folder.
    But it’s crashing.

I’m on Windows 10 1607

Any help is welcome 🙂

Thanks a lot

Anais
    March 4, 2017 5:01 am

Let me add that I wanted to use this Banished mod: Journey http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/158-journey-for-banished-107/
    which is said to be working only on Banished 1.0.7

Michal
    March 7, 2017 7:37 am

Give Luke one more beer and buy it again at Steam like me 🙂

Michal
    March 7, 2017 12:47 pm

… or just unpack the 1.0.7 patch over your gog version of banished like me 😉

Kurt
    March 14, 2017 12:23 am

Hey man. These new changes are a huge step for mods in your game and really show that you are dedicated to your flagship game. You have a huge community behind you – I think mostly because of the modding. Great work and thanks so much for your sacrifices!

Zarr.be