There’s a new beta available for 1.0.5. This is version 151214.
Thanks very much to everyone who has been testing and sent bug reports and feedback.
If you have a mod that has fonts in it, and you built your mod using Beta 1.0.5 build 151026, this version is going to crash when loading it. In fact loading fonts from 1.0.4 with the previous build would also crash. This stopped most all translations from working.
Here are the changes to this build:
- – Fixed a bug that caused fonts from 1.0.4 to not load in 1.0.5. A UCS2 – UTF8 conversion wasn’t made properly.
- – Fixed a bug that caused dropped resources (from citizen death/task cancelation) to drop in invalid places.
- – Fixed a bug that caused orchards to cause invalid data access and or data corruption if a citizen tried to harvest a tree, but the tree died before he got there.
- – Fixed a bug that caused potential memory corruption when cutting down an orchards trees.
- – Fixed a bug that caused a crash if game startup failed before memory allocation was available or was corrupt. It now properly displays an error.
- – Added better error message if the game runs out of memory due to too many mods loaded.
- – Fixed a bug that caused a crash when loading old mods that had custom materials. The game will no longer crash, however objects with those materials will not display. To fix this issue, mods should be updated to the newest mod kit version and update the materials.
How to get the build
If you are using Steam, go into your game library and right click on Banished. Select properties, and then in the windows that opens, select the BETAs tab. Select the drop down and pick Beta Test for 1.0.5.
If you don’t use Steam, you can download the patch here: BanishedPatch_1.0.4_To_188.8.131.52214.Beta.zip. Note that you need to apply the patch to version 1.0.4. Previous versions of the game won’t work with this patch. Once downloaded, just unzip the archive into the folder where you have Banished installed. This is usually C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software\Banished\.
If you’re into modding, you can get the beta mod kit here: BanishedKit_184.108.40.206214.Beta.zip.
When will this build not be a Beta?
I’ve fixed all the bugs that were reported to me, so if there aren’t any serious bug reports in about a week, I’ll push this build live to everyone.