- Citizens now pick up a variety of food types when stocking their homes.
- Citizens living in the same house no longer try to fill the house with food and fuel at the same time.
- Empty houses no longer have smoke coming out of the chimney.
- Wood, Stone, Iron, Firewood, Food and Tool supplies reserves are now shown on the HUD.
- Status effects are now shown on the HUD as well as floating above citizens.
- Added temperature variation per year.
- Added random weather, no visual display yet.
- Fixed a bug that caused too much durability reduction of tools when citizens removed trees, rocks, or ore.
- Added an event log to the game that shows deaths, births, and other information about the population.
- Added soil quality to the game. Growing crops reduces quality, planting fallow crops restores the health of the soil.
- The quality of the soil can now be seen when clicking on fields.
June 5, 2012
I’ve been working on getting the parts of the game I have implemented more polished and feeling like it should. Growing crops for multiple years in the same field now effects soil quality. Fallow crops can be planted to overwinter and restore soil nutrition. Citizens are also a bit smarter about collecting supplies.
Here’s the latest change list entries: