I’ve just completed the artwork for a few new buildings. These are Herbalists Hut, Physicians Office, and Town Hall.
When the Herbalists Hut is placed and you assign a citizen to be an Herbalist, he or she will search the surrounding forest for medicinal plants. These can be used by the population to stay healthy, and by the herbalist to cure minor sicknesses. The herbs that are collected generally grow only in old growth forests, so placing them in areas of tree harvest for firewood and building materials generally won’t yield any herbs.
Once the Physicians Office is placed and you have a doctor in the population, more serious illnesses can be treated. A doctor will also use refined versions of herbs collected by an herbalist as medicine. Having both herbalists and doctors in a town will help keep the population healthy.
Once a town hall is placed, records and ledgers of the towns status are available. You can see population, resource amounts, food reserves, and other population data as it changes over time. You can also see current information as well as citizens jobs, health, and happiness.
I thought I’d start showing changes lists since the last update, as my posts tend to show only the visual things. So here’s other stuff that’s new in the game since the last post.
- Added display of resources to storage yards. They now show piles of wood, stone, and iron relative to the amount of each contained in the storage area.
- Fixed a bug in keyboard/mouse remapping UI.
- Added health and happiness to citizens.
- Added the ability to pin dialogs on screen after selecting an object. This allows the player to keep information about a particular building or item in the game up while playing and examining other things. This is useful for watching resource counts, health of an offscreen citizen, etc.
- Selected objects dialogs titlebars now highlight. Any non selected pinned dialog title will grey out.
- Added a 4 pixel border highlight around 3D objects when they are selected.
- Fixed a bug in combo boxes that caused invalid text to be displayed if the control was disabled.
- Added the ability to click on citizens and get information on each one.
- Added a census ui to the town hall to show citizens, thier ages, jobs, health, and happiness.